February 15, 2020
Wedding planning is always stressful. But it’s worse when groom isn’t engaged. Here are six simple and fun things to engage your groom, reduce stress, and help you get started.
- Generate the guest list together. This is one of the easiest and most fun activities to start with. Think of your common friends together and make it into a competition to see who has more to invite.
- Get handy or crafty together. Create something special. It could be as simple as a hand-painted “Just Married” sign or as elaborate as an ornate chuppah. Even just cutting the photo booth beard props out of printing paper will work.
- Pick wedding favors together. Wedding favors should be the cherry on top of a fabulous reception. Get together with your groom and brainstorm some little things that spark joy for both of you. No matter is too small: snacks, pretty stationery, a cute succulent plant, or a pair of sunglasses branded with your initials and wedding date will all show appreciation to your guests.
- Pick a honeymoon destination together. Everyone has a dream honeymoon. So, communicate your dreams out loud together and figure out the best place both of you want to be.
- Pick household items together. Your household items will be shared together for decades to come, and he should be involved. Shop online and pick out some cool kitchen gadgets or the most luxurious bed sheets and towels together.
- Get prettier together. If everything else fails, at least you can pretty yourselves up together. Ask him to try some anti aging kit with you a few months in advance so that he can look his best on the wedding day. Then you can work on styling his wedding-day look. Pick out his suit, tie, pocket square, and socks together. Accessories make all the difference!
Make the process into a fun competition—the winner gets the remote control tonight! These things are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to wedding planning, but they’ll help you both get started.